Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Art Escapes

 

There are a few defining moments that kept me glued to Art. A painting kit that I received as a gift got me exploring; a crash course on oil painting got me learning, researching about artists got me wondering, reading articles and the experiments got me marveling. And what followed was an amazing trip into the realm of art, color, paint, workshops, failures, realizations, friends and of course life - which I have come to think of as my 'salvation' for the lack of a more dramatic word.

The weekend spent at E's ranch has been one such event and nothing short of spectacular. In keeping with the theme we watched art videos, discussed artists and their work, scouted the rolling hills for inspiration and painted too. We walked the beach drinking wine, hiked the tiny trails exploring the land, and lay on the roof under the brilliant sky counting constellations. The unprecedented escape brought a smile in me, that I shall remember for as long as I can.



 
A weekend well spent with Ellie, Anya, Branco, Breene and Cali. 

2 comments:

  1. An artist and writer too? You continue to amaze me. What a very cool crew that was. So fun, interesting, and supportive. It just couldn't get better than that. A weekend I will treasure forever! And can't wait to get back together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellie for making the weekend happen :)
    Looking forward to the next time !!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your thoughts !