Saturday, May 11, 2013

Pretty in Pink


I missed them last year and vowed to make a trip this time. And so I headed off to the Lover point Park in Pacific Grove. I was right in time to catch the pretty pink ice plants that have taken over most of shoreline here. It was an overcast day; I first walked around and took a multitude of pictures; hoping that I could use some of them as reference photos later. I then settled down and worked on the above painting for about an hour, before I decided that it was a wiper! I am still glad that I got to go out there and absorb it all. Hopefully I'll put in my experience and not to forget the richness of the pink-purple flowers when I make another humble attempt at painting this stunning rarity of a view - The shoreline that was clad in pink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts !